- [noun] a prominent aspect of something; "the map showed roads and other features"; "generosity is one of his best characteristics"
- [noun] the characteristic parts of a person's face: eyes and nose and mouth and chin; "an expression of pleasure crossed his features"; "his lineaments were very regular"
- [noun] the principal (full-length) film in a program at a movie theater; "the feature tonight is `Casablanca'"
- [noun] a special or prominent article in a newspaper or magazine; "they ran a feature on retirement planning"
- [noun] an article of merchandise that is displayed or advertised more than other articles
- [verb] have as a feature; "This restaurant features the most famous chefs in France"
- [verb] wear or display in an ostentatious or proud manner; "she was sporting a new hat"
Synonyms: sport, boast
- give off
sport, feature, boast
abound, burst, bristle
carry, pack, take
sex characteristic, sex character
attraction, attractor, attracter, attractive feature, magnet
peculiarity, distinctive feature, distinguishing characteristic
- safety feature
Western, horse opera
drawing card, loss leader, leader