- [noun] any of the terminal members of the hand (sometimes excepting the thumb); "her fingers were long and thin"
- [noun] the length of breadth of a finger used as a linear measure
Synonyms: breadth, 's breadth, digit
- [noun] the part of a glove that provides a covering for one of the fingers
- [verb] feel or handle with the fingers; "finger the binding of the book"
- [verb] examine by touch; "Feel this soft cloth!"; "The customer fingered the sweater"
- [verb] search for on the computer; "I fingered my boss and found that he is not logged on in the afternoons"
- [verb] indicate the fingering for the playing of musical scores for keyboard instruments