- [adverb] with a flopping sound; "he tumbled flop into the mud"
- [adverb] exactly; "he fell flop on his face"
- [noun] an arithmetic operation performed on floating-point numbers; "this computer can perform a million flops per second"
Synonyms: floating-point operation
- [noun] someone who is unsuccessful
Synonyms: dud, washout
- [noun] a complete failure; "the play was a dismal flop"
- [noun] the act of throwing yourself down; "he landed on the bed with a great flop"
- [verb] fall loosely; "He flopped into a chair"
- [verb] fall suddenly and abruptly
- [verb] fail utterly; collapse; "The project foundered"
Synonyms: fall through, fall flat, founder