- [noun] a linear unit of length equal to 12 inches or a third of a yard; "he is six feet tall"
- [noun] the foot of a human being; "his bare feet projected from his trousers"; "armored from head to foot"
Synonyms: human pes
- [noun] the lower part of anything; "curled up on the foot of the bed"; "the foot of the page"; "the foot of the list"; "the foot of the mountain"
- [noun] travel by foot; "he followed on foot"; "the swiftest of foot"
- [noun] a foot of a vertebrate other than a human being
- [noun] a support resembling a pedal extremity; "one foot of the chair was on the carpet"
- [noun] lowest support of a structure; "it was built on a base of solid rock"; "he stood at the foot of the tower"
Synonyms: foundation, base, fundament, groundwork, substructure, understructure
- [noun] any of various organs of locomotion or attachment in invertebrates
- [noun] an army unit consisting of soldiers who fight on foot; "there came ten thousand horsemen and as many fully-armed foot"
- [noun] a member of a surveillance team who works on foot or rides as a passenger
- [noun] a group of 2 or 3 syllables forming the basic unit of poetic rhythm
Synonyms: metrical metrical unit
- [verb] pay for something; "pick up the tab"; "pick up the burden of high-interest mortgages"; "foot the bill"
- [verb] walk; "let's hoof it to the disco"
Synonyms: leg it, hoof, hoof it
- [verb] add a column of numbers