- [noun] the outside boundary or surface of something
Synonyms: periphery, outer boundary
- [noun] a part of the city far removed from the center; "they built a factory on the outskirts of the city"
- [noun] a social group holding marginal or extreme views; "members of the fringe believe we should be armed with guns at all times"
- [noun] edging consisting of hanging threads or tassels
- [verb] adorn with a fringe; "The weaver fringed the scarf"
- [verb] decorate with or as if with a surrounding fringe; "fur fringed the hem of the dress"