- [noun] activities that are enjoyable or amusing; "I do it for the fun of it"; "he is fun to have around"
Synonyms: merriment, playfulness
- [noun] verbal wit (often at another's expense but not to be taken seriously); "he became a figure of fun"
Synonyms: play, sport
- [noun] violent and excited activity; "she asked for money and then the fun began"; "they began to fight like fun"
- [noun] a disposition to find (or make) causes for amusement; "her playfulness surprised me"; "he was fun to be with"
- [adjective] providing enjoyment; pleasantly entertaining; "an amusing speaker"; "a diverting story"; "a fun thing to do"
Synonyms: amusing, amusive, diverting
drollery, clowning, comedy, funniness
pun, punning, wordplay, paronomasia
impertinence, perkiness, pertness, sauciness, archness
friskiness, frolicsomeness, sportiveness
impishness, mischievousness, puckishness, whimsicality
humor, humour, sense of humor, sense of humour