- [noun] an excited state of agitation; "he was in a dither"; "there was a terrible flap about the theft"
Synonyms: dither, pother, tizzy, flap
- [noun] an angry disturbance; "he didn't want to make a fuss"; "they had labor trouble"; "a spot of bother"
Synonyms: trouble, bother, hassle
- [noun] a quarrel about petty points
Synonyms: bicker, bickering, spat, tiff, squabble, pettifoggery
- [noun] a rapid bustling commotion
Synonyms: bustle, hustle, flurry, ado, stir
- [verb] worry unnecessarily or excessively; "don't fuss too much over the grandchildren
Synonyms: niggle, fret
- [verb] care for like a mother; "She fusses over her husband"
Synonyms: mother, overprotect