- [verb] move upward; "The fog lifted"; "The smoke arose from the forest fire"; "The mist uprose from the meadows"
Synonyms: rise, lift, arise, move up, come up, uprise
- [verb] increase in value or to a higher point; "prices climbed steeply"; "the value of our house rose sharply last year"
Synonyms: rise, climb
- [verb] move towards; "We were approaching our destination"; "They are drawing near"; "The enemy army came nearer and nearer"
Synonyms: approach, near, come on, draw near, draw close, come near
- [verb] be erected, built, or constructed; "New buildings are going up everywhere"
- [verb] go upward with gradual or continuous progress; "Did you ever climb up the hill behind your house?"
Synonyms: climb, climb up, mount
- [verb] burn completely; be consumed or destroyed by fire; "The hut burned down"; "The mountain of paper went up in flames"
Synonyms: burn down, burn up
- [verb] travel up, "We ascended the mountain"; "go up a ladder"; "The mountaineers slowly ascended the steep slope"
climb, climb up, mount, go up
soar, soar up, soar upwards, surge, zoom
- go up
rise, come up, uprise, ascend
- drive up
bear down on, bear down upon
edge in, edge up
surface, come up, rise up, rise