- [noun] a person who has received a degree from a school (high school or college or university)
Synonyms: alumnus, alumna, alum, grad
- [noun] a measuring instrument for measuring fluid volume; a glass container (cup or cylinder or flask) whose sides are marked with or divided into amounts
- [verb] receive an academic degree upon completion of one's studies; "She graduated in 1990"
- [verb] confer an academic degree upon; "This school graduates 2,000 students each year"
- [verb] make fine adjustments or divide into marked intervals for optimal measuring; "calibrate an instrument"; "graduate a cylinder"
Synonyms: calibrate, fine-tune
- [adjective] of or relating to studies beyond a bachelor's degree; "graduate courses"