- [noun] understanding of the nature or meaning or quality or magnitude of something; "he has a good grasp of accounting practices"
Synonyms: appreciation, hold
- [noun] the limit of capability; "within the compass of education"
Synonyms: compass, range, reach
- [noun] a firm controlling influence; "they kept a firm grip on the two top priorities"; "he was in the grip of a powerful emotion"; "a terrible power had her in its grasp"
- [noun] the act of grasping; "he released his clasp on my arm"; "he has a strong grip for an old man"; "she kept a firm hold on the railing"
Synonyms: clasp, clench, clutch, clutches, grip, hold
- [verb] hold firmly
Synonyms: hold on
- [verb] get the meaning of something; "Do you comprehend the meaning of this letter?"
Synonyms: get the picture, comprehend, savvy, dig, compass, apprehend
catch on, get wise, get onto, tumble, latch on, cotton on, twig, get it
chokehold, choke hold
- wrestling hold