- [noun] a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction; "an award for bravery"
Synonyms: award, accolade, honour, laurels
- [noun] the state of being honored
Synonyms: honour, laurels
- [noun] the quality of being honorable and having a good name; "a man of honor"
- [noun] a woman's virtue or chastity
Synonyms: honour, purity
- [verb] bestow honor or rewards upon; "Today we honor our soldiers"; "The scout was rewarded for courageus action"
Synonyms: honour, reward
- [verb] show respect towards; "honor your parents!"
Synonyms: respect, honour, abide by, observe
- [verb] accept as pay; "we honor checks and drafts"
toast, drink, pledge, salute, wassail
lionize, lionise, celebrate
academic degree, degree
cachet, seal, seal of approval
mention, honorable mention
letter, varsity letter
decoration, laurel wreath, medal, medallion, palm, ribbon
- Nobel prize
Academy Award, Oscar
- Prix de Rome
- Prix Goncourt
fame, celebrity, renown
esteem, regard, respect