- [verb] be undecided about something; waver between conflicting positions or courses of action; "He oscillates between accepting the new position and retirement"
Synonyms: vibrate, vacillate, oscillate
- [verb] move to and fro; "The shy student lingered in the corner"
- [verb] hang in the air; fly or be suspended above
- [verb] be suspended in the air, as if in defiance of gravity; "The guru claimed that he could levitate"
- [verb] hang over, as of something threatening, dark, or menacing; "The terrible vision brooded over her all day long"
Synonyms: brood, loom, bulk large