- [noun] a condition of urgency making it necessary to hurry; "in a hurry to lock the door"
- [noun] overly eager speed (and possible carelessness); "he soon regretted his haste"
Synonyms: haste, hastiness, hurriedness, precipitation
- [noun] the act of moving hurriedly and in a careless manner; "in his haste to leave he forgot his book"
Synonyms: haste, rush, rushing
- [verb] move very fast; "The runner zipped past us at breakneck speed"
Synonyms: travel rapidly, speed, zip
- [verb] act or move at high speed; "We have to rush!"; "hurry
Synonyms: rush, hasten, look sharp, festinate
- [verb] urge to an unnatural speed; "Don't rush me, please!"
flit, flutter, fleet, dart
zoom, zoom along, whizz, whizz along
abruptness, precipitateness, precipitance, precipitancy, suddenness
scamper, scramble, scurry