- [noun] any physical damage to the body caused by violence or accident or fracture etc.
Synonyms: injury, harm, trauma
- [noun] psychological suffering; "the death of his wife caused him great distress"
Synonyms: distress, suffering
- [noun] feelings of mental or physical pain
- [noun] a damage or loss
- [noun] the act of damaging something or someone
Synonyms: damage, harm, scathe
- [verb] be the source of pain
Synonyms: ache, smart
- [verb] give trouble or pain to; "This exercise will hurt your back"
- [verb] cause emotional anguish or make miserable; "It pains me to see my children not being taught well in school"
Synonyms: pain, anguish
- [verb] cause damage or affect negatively; "Our business was hurt by the new competition"
- [verb] hurt the feelings of; "She hurt me when she did not include me among her guests"; "This remark really bruised me ego"
Synonyms: wound, injure, bruise, offend, spite
- [verb] feel physical pain; "Were you hurting after the accident?"
Synonyms: ache, suffer
- [verb] feel pain or be in pain
- [adjective] suffering from physical injury especially that suffered in battle; "nursing his wounded arm"; "ambulances...for the hurt men and women"
- [adjective] used of inanimate objects or their value
bite, sting, burn
- act up
afflict, trouble, ail, pain
torment, torture, excruciate, rack
diss, insult, affront
humiliate, mortify, chagrin, humble, abase
prick, sting, twinge
gag, choke, strangle, suffocate
starve, hunger, famish
- birth trauma
- blast trauma
bleeding, hemorrhage, haemorrhage
- blunt trauma
- electric shock
penetrating trauma, penetrating injury
sting, bite, insect bite
whiplash, whiplash injury
wale, welt, weal, wheal
wrench, twist, pull
anguish, torment, torture
agony, torment, torture
discomfort, soreness, irritation
defacement, disfigurement, disfiguration