- [verb] place ceremoniously or formally in an office or position; "there was a ceremony to induct the president of the Academy"
Synonyms: invest, seat
- [verb] accept young people into society, usually with some rite; "African men are initiated when they reach puberty"
- [verb] admit as a member; "We were inducted into the honor society"
- [verb] produce electric current by electrostatic or magnetic processes
- [verb] introduce or initiate; "The young geisha was inducted into the ways of her profession"