- [noun] a search for knowledge; "their pottery deserves more research than it has received"
Synonyms: enquiry, research
- [noun] an instance of questioning; "there was a question about my training"; "we made inquiries of all those who were present"
Synonyms: question, enquiry, query, interrogation
- [noun] a systematic investigation of a matter of public interest
- Search for synonyms for INQUIRY
- nature study
- experiment, experimentation
- empirical research
- probe, investigation
- poll, opinion poll, public opinion poll, canvass
- means test