- [adverb] within a building; "in winter we play inside"
- [adverb] on the inside; "inside, the car is a mess"
- [adverb] with respect to private feelings; "inwardly, she was raging"
- [adverb] in reality; "she is very kind at heart"
Synonyms: at heart, at bottom, deep down, in spite of appearance
- [noun] the region that is inside of something
- [noun] the inner or enclosed surface of something
- [adjective] relating to or being within or near the inner side or limit; "he reached into his inside jacket pocket"; "inside out"; "an inside pitch is between home plate and the batter"
- [adjective] being or applying to the inside of a building; "an inside wall"
- [adjective] located, suited for, or taking place within a building; "indoor activities for a rainy day"; "an indoor pool"
- [adjective] confined to an exclusive group; "privy to inner knowledge"; "inside information"; "privileged information"
Synonyms: inner, privileged
- [adjective] away from the outer edge; "an inner lane"; "the inside lane"
- [adjective] within some bounds; especially of an organization; "an inside job"