- [noun] a lack of competence; "pointed out the insufficiencies in my report"; "juvenile offenses often reflect an inadequacy in the parents"
- [noun] (pathology) inability of a bodily part or organ to function normally
- [noun] lack of an adequate quantity or number; "the inadequacy of unemployment benefits"
Synonyms: inadequacy, deficiency
- Search for synonyms for INSUFFICIENCY
- coronary insufficiency, cardiac insufficiency
- renal insufficiency
- meagerness, meagreness, poorness, scantiness, scantness, exiguity
- deficit, shortage, shortfall
- scarcity, scarceness