- [noun] the questioning of a person (or a conversation in which information is elicited); often conducted by journalists; "my interviews with teen-agers revealed a weakening of religious bonds"
- [noun] a conference (usually with someone important); "he had a consultation with the judge"; "he requested an audience with the king"
Synonyms: consultation, audience
- [verb] conduct an interview in television, newspaper, and radio reporting
- [verb] discuss formally with (somebody) for the purpose of an evaluation; "We interviewed the job candidates"
- [verb] go for an interview in the hope of being hired; "The job candidate interviewed everywhere"