- [noun] a young person of either sex; "she writes books for children"; "they're just kids"; "`tiddler' is a British term for youngsters"
Synonyms: child, youngster, minor, shaver, nipper, small fry, tiddler, tike, tyke, fry, nestling
- [noun] soft smooth leather from the hide of a young goat; "kid gloves"
- [noun] English dramatist (1558-1594)
Synonyms: Kyd, Kid, Thomas Kyd, Thomas Kid
- [noun] a human offspring (son or daughter) of any age; "they had three children"; "they were able to send their kids to college"
- [noun] young goat
- [verb] tell false information to for fun; "Are you pulling my leg?"
Synonyms: pull the leg of
- [verb] be silly or tease one another; "After we relaxed, we just kidded around"
Synonyms: chaff, jolly, josh, banter
child prodigy, infant prodigy, wonder child
imp, scamp, monkey, rascal, rapscallion, scalawag, scallywag
pickaninny, piccaninny, picaninny
- poster child
toddler, yearling, tot, bambino
waif, street child
- army brat
baby, babe, infant
- female offspring
male offspring, man-child