- [noun] a bank check that has been fraudulently altered to increase its face value
- [noun] a bank check drawn on insufficient funds at another bank in order to take advantage of the float
- [noun] plaything consisting of a light frame covered with tissue paper; flown in wind at end of a string
- [noun] any of several small graceful hawks of the family Accipitridae having long pointed wings and feeding on insects and small animals
- [verb] increase the amount (of a check) fraudulently; "He kited many checks"
- [verb] get credit or money by using a bad check; "The businessman kited millions of dollars"
- [verb] soar or fly like a kite; "The pilot kited for a long time over the mountains"
- [verb] fly a kite; "Kids were kiting in the park"; "They kited the Red Dragon model"