- [noun] a mistake resulting from inattention
- [noun] a break or intermission in the occurrence of something; "a lapse of three weeks between letters"
- [noun] a failure to maintain a higher state
Synonyms: backsliding, lapsing, rerelapsing, reversion, reverting
- [verb] pass into a specified state or condition; "He sank into Nirvana"
Synonyms: sink, pass
- [verb] end, at least for a long time; "The correspondence lapsed"
- [verb] drop to a lower level, as in one's morals or standards
- [verb] go back to bad behavior; "Those who recidivate are often minor criminals"
Synonyms: rerecidivate, regress, retrogress, fall back
- [verb] let slip; "He lapsed his membership"
- [verb] pass by; "three years elapsed"
Synonyms: epass, slip by, glide by, slip away, go by, slide by, go along