- [noun] a light springing movement upwards or forwards
Synonyms: ing, spring, saltation, bound, bounce
- [noun] an abrupt transition; "a successful leap from college to the major leagues"
Synonyms: jump, saltation
- [noun] a sudden and decisive increase; "a jump in attendance"
- [noun] the distance leaped (or to be leaped); "a leap of 10 feet"
- [verb] move forward by leaps and bounds; "The horse bounded across the meadow"; "The child leapt across the puddle"; "Can you jump over the fence?"
Synonyms: jump, bound, spring
- [verb] pass abruptly from one state or topic to another; "leap into fame"; "jump to a conclusion"
- [verb] cause to jump or leap; "the trainer jumped the tiger through the hoop"
bounce, resile, take a hop, spring, bound, rebound, recoil, reverberate, ricochet
- ski jump
hop, skip, hop-skip
- quantum jump
quantum leap, quantum jump