- [noun] property that is leased or rented out or let
Synonyms: rental, letting
- [noun] a contract granting use or occupation of property during a specified time for a specified payment
- [noun] the period of time during which a contract conveying property to a person is in effect
Synonyms: term of a contract
- [verb] let for money; "We rented our apartment to friends while we were abroad"
- [verb] hold under a lease or rental agreement; of goods and services
Synonyms: rent, hire, charter
- [verb] grant use or occupation of under a term of contract; "I am leasing my country estate to some foreigners"
Synonyms: let, rent
- [verb] engage for service under a term of contract; "We took an apartment on a quiet street"; "Let's rent a car"; "Shall we take a guide in Rome?"
Synonyms: rent, hire, charter, engage, take