- [noun] weight to be borne or conveyed
Synonyms: ing, burden
- [noun] a quantity that can be processed or transported at one time; "the system broke down under excessive loads"
- [noun] goods carried by a large vehicle
Synonyms: cargo, lading, freight, ing, payshipment, consignment
- [noun] an amount of alcohol sufficient to intoxicate; "he got a load on and started a brawl"
- [noun] the power output of a generator or power plant
- [noun] an onerous or difficult concern; "the burden of responsibility"; "that's a load off my mind"
Synonyms: burden, encumbrance, incumbrance, onus
- [noun] a deposit of valuable ore occurring within definite boundaries separating it from surrounding rocks
- [noun] the front part of a guided missile or rocket or torpedo that carries the nuclear or explosive charge or the chemical or biological agents
Synonyms: warhead, pay
- [noun] electrical device to which electrical power is delivered
- [verb] fill or place a load on; "load a car"; "load the truck with hay"
Synonyms: lade, laden, up
- [verb] provide with munition; "He loaded his gun carefully"
- [verb] put (something) on a structure or conveyance; "load the bags onto the trucks"
pack, load down
- bomb up
overload, surcharge, overcharge
- dead load
live load, superload
- dead weight
mother lode, champion lode
atomic warhead, nuclear warhead, thermonuclear warhead, nuke