- [noun] a pause during which things are calm or activities are diminished; "there was never a letup in the noise"
- [noun] a period of calm weather; "there was a lull in the storm"
- [verb] calm by deception; "Don't let yourself be lulled into a false state of security"
- [verb] become quiet or less intensive; "the fighting lulled for a moment"
Synonyms: calm down
- [verb] make calm or still; "quiet the dragons of worry and fear"
Synonyms: calm, calm down, quiet, tranquilize, tranquillize, tranquillise, quieten, still