- [noun] a covering to disguise or conceal the face
- [noun] activity that tries to conceal something; "no mask could conceal his ignorance"; "they moved in under a mask of friendship"
- [noun] a party of guests wearing costumes and masks
Synonyms: masquerade, masque
- [noun] a protective covering worn over the face
- [verb] hide under a false appearance; "He masked his disappointment"
Synonyms: dissemble, cloak
- [verb] put a mask on or cover with a mask; "Mask the children for Halloween"
- [verb] cover with a sauce; "mask the meat"
- [verb] shield from light
Synonyms: block out