- [noun] a thick flat pad used as a floor covering
- [noun] mounting consisting of a border or background for a picture
- [noun] sports equipment consisting of a piece of thick padding on the floor for gymnastic sports
- [noun] a master's degree in teaching
Synonyms: Master of Arts in Teaching, MAT
- [noun] the property of having little or no contrast; lacking highlights or gloss
Synonyms: flatness, lusterlessness, lustrelessness, te
- [noun] a small pad of material that is used to protect surface from an object placed on it
- [verb] twist together or entwine into a confusing mass; "The child entangled the cord"
Synonyms: entangle, tangle, snarl
- [verb] change texture so as to become matted and felt-like; "The fabric felted up after several washes"
Synonyms: felt, felt up, up, t-up, te up, te
- [adjective] not reflecting light; not glossy; "flat wall paint"; "a photograph with a matte finish"
Synonyms: flat, te, ted