- [noun] a function of a topological space that gives, for any two points in the space, a value equal to the distance between them
- [noun] a decimal unit of measurement of the metric system (based on meters and kilograms and seconds); "convert all the measurements to metric units"; "it is easier to work in metric"
- [noun] a system of related measures that facilitates the quantification of some particular characteristic
Synonyms: system of measurement
- [adjective] based on the meter as a standard of measurement; "the metric system"; "metrical equivalents"
- [adjective] the rhythmic arrangement of syllables
Synonyms: measured, al