- [noun] a unit of length equal to 1760 yards
Synonyms: statute stat mi, land mi
- [noun] a unit of length used in navigation; equivalent to the distance spanned by one minute of arc in latitude; 1,852 meters
Synonyms: nautical mi, naut mi, knot, international nautical air
- [noun] a large distance; "he missed by a mile"
- [noun] a former British unit of length once used in navigation; equivalent to 1828.8 meters (6000 feet)
- [noun] a British unit of length equivalent to 1,853.18 meters (6,082 feet)
Synonyms: nautical naut mi, mi, geographical Admiralty
- [noun] an ancient Roman unit of length equivalent to 1620 yards
- [noun] a Swedish unit of length equivalent to 10 km
- [noun] a footrace extending one mile; "he holds the record in the mile"