- [noun] excavation in the earth from which ores and minerals are extracted
- [noun] explosive device that explodes on contact; designed to destroy vehicles or ships or to kill or maim personnel
- [verb] get from the earth by excavation; "mine ores and metals"
- [verb] lay mines; "The Vietnamese mined Cambodia"
- Search for synonyms for MINE
- strip mine, surface mine, surface-mine
- coal mine, coalpit
- copper mine
- goldmine, gold mine
- salt mine
- silver mine
- strip mine
- sulphur mine, sulfur mine
- floating mine, marine mine
- land mine, ground-emplaced mine, booby trap