- [noun] a young woman; "a young lady of 18"
Synonyms: girl, young lady, young woman, fille
- [noun] a failure to hit (or meet or find etc)
- [verb] fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind; "I missed that remark"; "She missed his point"; "We lost part of what he said"
- [verb] feel or suffer from the lack of; "He misses his mother"
- [verb] fail to attend an event or activity; "I missed the concert"; "He missed school for a week"
- [verb] leave undone or leave out; "How could I miss that typo?"; "The workers on the conveyor belt miss one out of ten"
Synonyms: neglect, pretermit, omit, drop, leave out, overlook, overleap
- [verb] fail to reach or get to; "She missed her train"
- [verb] be without; "This soup lacks salt"; "There is something missing in my jewellery box!"
- [verb] fail to reach; "The arrow missed the target"
- [verb] be absent; "The child had been missing for a week"
- [verb] fail to experience; "Fortunately, I missed the hurricane"
jump, pass over, skip, skip over
- bachelor girl
dame, doll, wench, skirt, chick, bird
- Gibson girl
lass, lassie, young girl, jeune fille
May queen, queen of the May
- party girl
- ring girl
sex kitten, sexpot, sex bomb
- shop girl
- sweater girl
tomboy, romp, hoyden
- valley girl
- working girl