- [noun] (chemistry) a substance consisting of two or more substances mixed together (not in fixed proportions and not with chemical bonding)
- [noun] any foodstuff made by combining different ingredients; "he volunteered to taste her latest concoction"; "he drank a mixture of beer and lemonade"
Synonyms: concoction, inter
- [noun] a collection containing a variety of sorts of things; "a great assortment of cars was on display"; "he had a variety of disorders"; "a veritable smorgasbord of religions"
Synonyms: assortment, mixed bag, miscellany, miscellanea, variety, salmagundi, smorgasbord, potpourri, motley
- [noun] an event that combines things in a mixture; "a gradual mixture of cultures"
- [noun] the act of mixing together; "paste made by a mix of flour and water"; "the mixing of sound channels in the recording studio"
Synonyms: mix, comadintermixing
- mechanical mixture
- freezing mixture
- Greek fire
- lamellar mixture
petrolatum, petroleum jelly, mineral jelly
- soda lime
- grab bag
witches' brew, witches' broth, witch's brew
odds and ends, oddments, melange, farrago, ragbag, hodgepodge, mishmash, mingle-mangle, hotchpotch, omnium-gatherum
- alphabet soup