- [noun] a lightweight horse kept for riding only
Synonyms: saddle horse, riding horse
- [noun] the act of climbing something; "it was a difficult climb to the top"
- [noun] a land mass that projects well above its surroundings; higher than a hill
- [noun] mounting consisting of a piece of metal (as in a ring or other jewelry) that holds a gem in place; "the diamond was in a plain gold mount"
- [noun] something forming a back that is added for strengthening
- [verb] attach to a support; "They mounted the aerator on a floating"
- [verb] go up or advance; "Sales were climbing after prices were lowered"
Synonyms: wax, climb, rise
- [verb] fix onto a backing, setting, or support; "mount slides for macroscopic analysis"
- [verb] put up or launch; "mount a campaign against pronography"
- [verb] get on the back of; "mount a horse"
Synonyms: hop on, up, get on, jump on, climb on, bestride
- [verb] go upward with gradual or continuous progress; "Did you ever climb up the hill behind your house?"
Synonyms: climb, climb up, go up
- [verb] prepare and supply with the necessary equipment for execution or performance; "mount a theater production"; "mount an attack"; "mount a play"
Synonyms: put on
- [verb] copulate with; "The bull was riding the cow"