- [noun] an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or vocal tones in a structured and continuous manner
- [noun] any agreeable (pleasing and harmonious) sounds; "he fell asleep to the music of the wind chimes"
- [noun] musical activity (singing or whistling etc.); "his music was his central interest"
- [noun] (music) the sounds produced by singers or musical instruments (or reproductions of such sounds)
- [noun] punishment for one's actions; "you have to face the music"; "take your medicine"
musical, musical comedy, musical theater
monophony, monophonic music, monody
polyphony, polyphonic music, concerted music
harmony, musical harmony
tune, melody, air, strain, melodic line, line, melodic phrase
- part music
musical composition, opus, composition, piece, piece of music
serialism, serial music
music genre, musical genre, genre, musical style
- Gilbert and Sullivan
- music of the spheres
bell ringing, carillon, carillon playing
- instrumental music
- vocal music
- piano music