- [noun] a person who was born in a particular place; an indigenous person
Synonyms: indigen, indigene
- [adjective] being such by origin; "the native North American sugar maple"; "many native artists studied abroad"
- [adjective] belonging to one by birth; "my native land"; "one's native language"
- [adjective] being or composed of people inhabiting a region from the beginning; "native Americans"; "the aboriginal peoples of Australia"
- [adjective] as found in nature in the elemental form; "native copper"
- [adjective] normally existing at birth; "mankind's connatural sense of the good"
Synonyms: connatural, inborn, inbred