- [noun] a computer network consisting of a worldwide network of computer networks that use the TCP/IP network protocols to facilitate data transmission and exchange
Synonyms: InterNet, cyberspace
- [noun] a trap made of netting to catch fish or birds or insects
- [noun] the excess of revenues over outlays in a given period of time (including depreciation and other non-cash expenses)
Synonyms: income, profit, lucre, profit, profits, earnings
- [noun] a goal lined with netting (as in soccer or hockey)
- [noun] game equipment consisting of a strip of netting dividing the playing area in tennis or badminton
- [noun] an open fabric of string or rope or wire woven together at regular intervals
Synonyms: work, mesh, meshing, meshwork
- [verb] make as a net profit; "The company cleared $1 million"
Synonyms: sack, sack up, clear
- [verb] yield as a net profit; "This sale netted me $1 million"
- [verb] construct or form a web, as if by weaving
- [verb] catch with a net; "net a fish"
- [adjective] remaining after all deductions; "net profit"
- [adjective] conclusive in a process or progression; "the final answer"; "a last resort"; "the net result"
Synonyms: final, last