- [noun] the organ of smell and entrance to the respiratory tract; the prominent part of the face of man or other mammals; "he has a cold in the nose"
Synonyms: olfactory organ
- [noun] a front that resembles a human nose (especially the front of an aircraft); "the nose of the rocket heated up on reentry"
- [noun] the front or forward projection of a tool or weapon; "he ducked under the nose of the gun"
- [noun] a small distance; "my horse lost the race by a nose"
- [noun] the sense of smell (especially in animals); "the hound has a good nose"
- [noun] a natural skill; "he has a nose for good deals"
- [noun] a projecting spout from which a fluid is discharged
- [verb] search or inquire in a meddlesome way; "This guy is always nosing around the office"
Synonyms: pry, poke
- [verb] advance the forward part of with caution; "She nosed the car into the left lane"
- [verb] catch the scent of; get wind of; "The dog nosed out the drugs"
Synonyms: scent, wind
- [verb] push or move with the nose
- [verb] rub noses
- [verb] defeat by a narrow margin
beak, honker, hooter, nozzle, snoot, snout, schnozzle, schnoz
- hawk nose
- pug nose
Roman nose, hooknose