- [noun] a V-shaped indentation; "mandibular notch"
- [noun] the location in a range of mountains of a geological formation that is lower than the surrounding peaks; "we got through the pass before it started to snow"
Synonyms: pass, mountain pass
- [noun] a V-shaped or U-shaped indentation carved or scratched into a surface; "there were four notches in the handle of his revolver"
- [noun] a small cut
Synonyms: nick, snick
- [verb] cut or make a notch into; "notch the rope"
- [verb] notch a surface to record something