- [noun] the properties acquired as a consequence of the way you were treated as a child
Synonyms: raising, rearing
- [noun] raising someone to be an accepted member of the community; "they debated whether nature or nurture was more important"
Synonyms: breeding, bringing up, fostering, fosterage, raising, rearing, upbringing
- [verb] help develop, help grow; "nurture his talents"
- [verb] bring up; "raise a family"; "bring up children"
Synonyms: rear, raise, bring up, parent
- [verb] provide with nourishment; "We sustained ourselves on bread and water"; "This kind of food is not nourishing for young children"
Synonyms: nourish, sustain