- [noun] the principal activity in your life that you do to earn money; "he's not in my line of business"
Synonyms: business, job, line of work, line
- [noun] the control of a country by military forces of a foreign power
Synonyms: military control
- [noun] any activity that occupies a person's attention; "he missed the bell in his occupation with the computer game"
- [noun] the act of occupying or taking possession of a building; "occupation of a building without a certificate of occupancy is illegal"
Synonyms: occupancy, taking possession, moving in
- [noun] the period of time during which a place or position or nation is occupied; "during the German occupation of Paris"
career, calling, vocation
position, post, berth, office, spot, billet, place, situation
treadmill, salt mine