- [noun] (military) an offensive against an enemy (using weapons); "the attack began at dawn"
Synonyms: attack, onslaught, onset
- [noun] a forceful forward rush or flow; "from the bow she stared at the mesmerising onrush of the sea where it split and foamed"; "the explosion interrupted the wild onsrush of her thoughts"
- Search for synonyms for ONRUSH
- ground attack
- banzai attack, banzai charge
- diversion, diversionary attack
- penetration, incursion
- counterattack, countermove
- bombing, bombardment
- fire, firing
- surprise attack, coup de main