- [noun] a feeling of righteous anger
- [noun] a wantonly cruel act
- [noun] a disgraceful event
- [noun] the act of scandalizing
Synonyms: scandalization, scandalisation
- [verb] strike with disgust or revulsion; "The scandalous behavior of this married woman shocked her friends"
Synonyms: shock, offend, scandalize, scandalise, appal, appall
- [verb] violate the sacred character of a place or language; "desecrate a cemetary"; "violate the sanctity of the church"; "profane the name of God"
Synonyms: desecrate, profane, violate
- [verb] force (someone) to have sex against their will; "The woman was raped on her way home at night"
Synonyms: rape, ravish, violate, assault, dishonor, dishonour