- [noun] the state of the sky when it is covered by clouds
Synonyms: cloudiness, cloud cover
- [noun] gloomy semidarkness caused by cloud cover
- [noun] a long whip stitch or overhand stitch overlying an edge to prevent raveling
- [noun] a cast that falls beyond the intended spot
- [verb] make overcast or cloudy; "Fall weather often overcasts our beaches"
- [verb] sew over the edge of with long slanting wide stitches
- [verb] sew with an overcast stitch from one section to the next; "overcast books"
- [adjective] filled or abounding with clouds
Synonyms: cloud-covered, clouded, sunless