- [noun] flattery intended to persuade
Synonyms: blandishment, cajolery
- [noun] loud and confused and empty talk; "mere rhetoric"
Synonyms: hot air, empty words, empty talk, rhetoric
- [verb] speak (about unimportant matters) rapidly and incessantly
Synonyms: chatter, piffle, prate, tittle-tattle, twaddle, clack, maunder, prattle, blab, gibber, tattle, blabber, gabble
- [verb] influence or urge by gentle urging, caressing, or flattering; "He palavered her into going along"
Synonyms: wheedle, cajole, blarney, coax, sweet-talk, inveigle
- [verb] have a lengthy discussion, usually between people of different backgrounds