- [verb] pass into or through, often by overcoming resistance; "The bullet penetrated her chest"
- [verb] come to understand
Synonyms: fathom, bottom
- [verb] become clear or enter one's consciousness or emotions; "It dawned on him that she had betrayed him"; "she was penetrated with sorrow"
Synonyms: click, get through, dawn, come home, get across, sink in, fall into place
- [verb] enter a group or organization in order to spy on the members; "The student organization was infiltrated by a traitor"
- [verb] make one's way deeper into ar through; "The hikers did not manage to penetrate the dense forest"
- [verb] insert the penis into the vagina or anus of; "Did the molester penetrate the child?"
- [verb] spread or diffuse through; "An atmosphere of distrust has permeated this administration"; "music penetrated the entire building"
Synonyms: permeate, pervade, interdiffuse, imbue
probe, dig into, poke into
- poke into
sneak in, creep in
permeate, pervade, penetrate, interpenetrate, diffuse, imbue
percolate, sink in, permeate, filter
- ooze through