- [noun] the representation of what is perceived; basic component in the formation of a concept
Synonyms: percept, perceptual experience
- [noun] a way of conceiving something; "Luther had a new perception of the Bible"
- [noun] the process of perceiving
- [noun] knowledge gained by perceiving; "a man admired for the depth of his perception"
- [noun] becoming aware of something via the senses
visual percept, visual image
visual perception, beholding, seeing
auditory perception, sound perception
sensation, sense experience, sense impression, sense datum
somesthesia, somaesthesia, somatesthesia, somatic sensation
touch, touch sensation, tactual sensation, tactile sensation, feeling
look, looking, looking at