- [verb] continue to exist; "These stories die hard"; "The legend of Elvis endures"
Synonyms: prevail, die hard, run, endure
- [verb] be persistent, refuse to stop; "he persisted to call me every night"; "The child persisted and kept asking questions"
Synonyms: persevere, hang in, hang on, hold on
- [verb] stay behind; "The smell stayed in the room"; "The hostility remained long after they made up"
Synonyms: remain, stay
- Search for synonyms for PERSIST
- carry over
- ask for it, ask for trouble
- plug, plug away
- stick to, stick with, follow