- [noun] (baseball) the person who does the pitching; "our pitcher has a sore arm"
Synonyms: hurler, twirler
- [noun] an open vessel with a handle and a spout for pouring
- [noun] the quantity contained in a pitcher
- [noun] the position on a baseball team of the player who throws the ball for a batter to try to hit; "he has played every position except pitcher"; "they have a southpaw on the mound"
- Search for synonyms for PITCHER
- left-handed pitcher, left-hander, left hander, lefthander, lefty, southpaw
- right-handed pitcher, right-hander
- reliever, relief pitcher, fireman
- starting pitcher
- cream pitcher, creamer