- [noun] a serious (sometimes fatal) infection of rodents caused by Yersinia pestis and accidentally transmitted to humans by the bite of an infected rat flea (especially bubonic plague)
- [noun] any epidemic disease with a high death rate
- [noun] a swarm of insects that attack plants; "a plague of grasshoppers"
- [noun] any large scale calamity (especially when thought to be sent by God)
- [noun] an annoyance; "those children are a damn plague"
- [verb] cause to suffer a blight; "Too much rain may blight the garden with mold"
- [verb] annoy continually or chronically; "He is known to harry his staff when he is overworked"; "This man harasses his female co-workers"
Synonyms: harass, hassle, harry, chivy, chivvy, chevy, chevvy, beset, molest, provoke